Salary: Dependant on experience
Job Title: Gardener/Horticulturist
Location: Teddington, London
Salary: £22,000 – £35,000
We are seeking an experienced Gardener/Horticulturist to join our established gardening team. We work on beautiful projects, where attention to detail is key. Our gardens are in various sites throughout Central London and Surrey, and demand the highest standards.
You must have experience and knowledge of working in gardens. In the role you will be liaising with Clients and Designers, so a positive attitude and excellent communication skills are vital. Each day you will be in a team of 2-3 staff members. It is important that you have good team work skills, and a proactive and flexible approach to the role.
- Communicating with your manager; additional work and providing feedback on gardens.
- Regular re-planting of window displays.
- Lawn care
- Plant feeding and weeding borders.
- Plant feeding, staking and weeding of herbaceous borders.
- Hedge cutting – by hand and machine.
- General watering and management of irrigation systems
- Spraying, i.e. pest control, feeding and stone cleaning.
- Management of garden water features
- Helping to improve the gardens.
- Comprehensive plant knowledge.
- Experience with pedestrian mowers, scarifiers, hedge trimmers and power washers.
- Experience with Irrigation systems would be desirable.
- Relevant qualification in gardening or horticulture i.e. RHS or City and Guilds.
- PA1/PA6 Spraying certificates.
- A valid Emergency first aid at work certificate.
- A full clean driving license.
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday 7am – 4pm.
- Paid Overtime.
- 28 days holiday (includes Bank Holidays).
- Birthday day – all employees have their Birthday as a paid holiday.
- Training and career development is encouraged.
- Uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE) is supplied at no cost.